Coarse Day Tickets
Ouse Angling Preservation Society requires ALL day tickets to be bought BEFORE you arrive at the river.
Click here for details of where to buy them and the cost.
The fishing available to day ticket holders is shown
by the dotted lines on the map above
(Access points are marked on the map with an ‘A’)
Barcombe Mills East Bank: The main river upstream of Barcombe Mills as far as the boundary of the reservoir at the end of the first field over the footbridge that crosses the Andrews Cut.
The north bank of the Andrews Cut: east from the footbridge.
Anchor Inn East Bank: The first field downstream from the Anchor farm bridge to its southern boundary.
CAR PARKING (marked on the map with a ‘P‘) :
In the public car at Barcombe Mills ONLY – there is no parking available near the Anchor Inn and DO NOT park on the track to Old Mill Farm.
Access to fishing at the Anchor Inn is along the farm track towards Old Mill Farm (marked from the public car park in red on the map above) then continue along the Sussex Ouse Valley Way footpath on the western bank of the river past the Anchor sluice, across the farm bridge to the east bank then into the field downstream of the farm bridge.
Conditions of day ticket use:
– Access to waters from 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset on the ticket date.
– No more than two rods to be used for fishing at any one time.
– Barbless hooks ONLY for all fishing.
– No fish of 3lb+ and no carp, pike or barbel of ANY weight to be put in keepnets.
– No litter, fires, radios, dogs, competitions or fishing from boats.
– An Environment Agency fishing rod licence must be carried at all times.
Specific rules for predator (Pike, Perch, Chub etc.) fishing:
– No livebaiting.
– Wire traces (min.15lb breaking strain) must be used when pike fishing.
– Artificial lures – spinners, spoons, plugs and flies (excluding dry flies) – must be a minimum of 12.5cm in length, including hooks, from 16th June to 31st October (inclusive.) – check your lure length against the markings along the bottom of your day ticket.